Superfood. One of the best ways to describe the avocado. A single avocado is loaded with vitamins and minerals while being extremely low carb which makes it perfect for people on keto.This creamy, green treat is known for its versatility in the kitchen. Whether its used as a type of dessert or the star of the table you never could get bored with avocado.
Because it’s loaded with nutrition not to mention that it tastes AMAZING, the avocado has made its way through various types of diet meal plans. Being an absolutely must-have and ticking all the right check boxes in terms of nutritional value makes the avocado the king of diet foods.
So here’s our tribute to the true king. To the avocado!
What is it?
Thought to have originated in Mexico, the avocado is a type of stone fruit (fruit that have big seeds in the middle) that is composed mainly of fat that’s why it’s called nature’s butter.
Though avocados are equal in its nutritional value there are different varieties of the fruit itself. Here are a few of them:
- Lamb Hass
And that’s just a few of them.
And that’s not all. Aside from varieties from the fruit itself, the avocado as superfood because it is densely nutritious. There’s load of goodness in just one bite!
Anyway here’s a short list of awesomeness you absorb when you eat an avocado
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
- Folic Acid
And that’s just some of them!
Why it’s the best?
And because no tribute is complete without a list of accomplishments. These are just some of the reasons why everyone should definitely eat avocados.
- Improves nutrient absorption – Not everything that you eat gets fully absorbed by the body especially if it comes from plants. Plant-based foods can not be broken down by the body on their own and needs to bond with fat in order for it to be absorbed by the body completely. Thankfully, the nutrients inside every avocado do just that. So we’d recommend adding avocado when you order your next salad.
- Relieves Arthritis – Some studies conducted recently have linked avocado oil to be beneficial in reducing osteoarthritis.
- Improves Heart Health – monounsaturated fats and potassium are but some of the nutrients found in avocados that have been known to promote heart health and prevents the risk of heart diseases.
- Has anti-aging properties – I’m sure everyone’s heard of antioxidants and its link to anti-aging. Antioxidants found in avocados actually inhibit the release of free radicals in your body that may harm or damage your cells. The search for the fountain of youth is over! Just head on over to your produce section and purchase yourself an avocado
- Prevents Cancer – Some studies have shown that avocados have properties that may halt the spread of oral cancer. Not only that but studies have shown that avocados reduce chemotherapy side-effects. We don’t recommend that you rely on avocados alone for cancer treatment but they could definitely do some good if you include them in your meal plan.
Love it or hate it, there’s no denying that avocados are here to stay. With its high nutritional value and delicious taste we highly recommend you add it to your diet or at least try it out.