Gone are the days where going to your local fast food establishment or drive-thru are considered a sign of weakness or defeat for people on a diet. Fast food chains have been introducing healthier options for consumers and with a quick scan of the menu, ordering at any fast food chain is quite easy if you know what to avoid. You can customize your order to meet your macros…and some items on the menu could be keto friendly! Don’t believe us? Here are a few items on the menu at Chick-fil-A if you want your meals on-the-go or are craving for some comfort food without chowing down on the much dreaded carbs.
For breakfast try:
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit)
- Coming up to only 3g net in carbs this option could become a low-carb hearty breakfast.
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit)
- Comes with one sausage patty, eggs and cheese it’s the perfect tummy filler and it only comes up to 3g in carbs!
- Hash Brown Scramble Bowl with Chicken (no hash brown)
- This hearty meal with scrambled eggs, chicken and melted cheese is perfect if paired with a keto-friendly sauce and only offers about 4g net carbs.
- Egg White Grill Biscuit (no biscuit)
- Extremely light on carbs with only 1g net but also on calories so you may need to order more to fill you up.
- Chicken, Egg and Cheese Bagel (no bagel)
- If you crave the famous fried chicken this item might be your best option since portion sizes are smaller during breakfast hours.
What to avoid:
- Hash Browns
- Buttered Biscuits
- Sunflower Multigrain Bagel with Cream Cheese
- Greek Yoghurt Parfait with Granola
For lunch and dinner try:
- Chick-Fil-A Nuggets (8-count)
- This delicious menu item comes about 1g net carbs per nugget and can be ordered in 4s,6s or 8s. We recommend the 8.
- Grilled Chicken Nuggets (8-count)
- Perfectly paired with Chick-Fil-A’s Buffalo Sauce, the 8-count comes up to 2g net carbs.
- Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich (no bun)
- With three pieces of bacon above grilled chicken breast, cheese, tomato and lettuce. We recommend you have it with some ranch or mayo for a more exciting taste.
- Grilled Market Salad (no fruit and granola)
- Includes baby greens, lettuce, shredded cabbage and carrots, with some grilled chicken and blue cheese. This item comes up to 6g net carbs.
- Spicy Deluxe Sandwich (no bun)
- If you’re after some spice and a bit of an indulgence this item comes highly recommended. With a fried chicken breast, lettuce, cheese,pickles and tomatoes it comes up to a whopping 13g net carbs. Consume with caution.
What to avoid:
- Tomatoes, Beans, Corn
Here’s a really useful website to get nutritional information from your favorite fast food menu items.
Most people are intimidated by coming to fast food establishments when they’re on a diet. Fried food saturated in fat are enough to make people turn their heads in disgust but if you look closely there are quite a few options especially for those who are on the keto diet but fast food doesn’t necessarily mean unhealthy.
At Chick-Fil-A for example, most of the items on the menu are high in protein that are important to everyone even if they aren’t on the keto diet not to mention that menu items are also customizable in certain fast food establishments such as Chick-Fil-A; you can add or subtract certain ingredients in a particular menu item to better suit your dietary needs. Another thing worth mentioning are the low prices where you can get to both satisfy cravings and meet your macros at an affordable price. Finally, fast food options give you convenience since they can be literally found everywhere and gives you a break from constantly stressing about what you have to eat for the week. So what are you waiting for?