You would hear people commonly ask “what’s in it for me?” What’s the benefit that comes with doing this? Is it effective? Well, people want to be sure that whatever their doing isn’t a waste of time and resources. People want to know if they can put their hopes up and expect good results. This is a picture of what happens in the world of diets. Many people aren’t certain that some particular diets would work. But they just want to give it a try. But even at that they still have questions in their heart. And one of the common diets out there is a low-carb diet. That’s why we’ll be taking a look at low-carb diet results after 1 month.
Low-carb diets over the years have gained so much popularity. So many of the fad diets we have now in town are low-carb diets. Well, that’s because low-carb diets are one of the best when it comes to losing weight. Diets like the keto diet, no-carb diet, and paleo diet are on this list of low-carb diets. But do they work? Do they produce the results people say they produce? Well, let’s take a look at what this diet is all about. And what you should expect after about a month of doing this diet.
What Is a Low-Carb Diet?
This is a type of diet that restricts your consumption of carbs. In low-carb diets, a very little amount of carbs are consumed. More fat and protein are consumed in this diet.
In low-carb diets, the goal is to make the body depend more on fat as the major source of energy. So when the consumption of carbs is very little, the body over time would have to switch to burning fat for energy. That’s why it works for weight loss.
Before you start any low-carb diet, proper planning is important. You have to do your research well. Check for ways you can easily do the diet. Also, check out for different meal plans and try to come up with yours. So planning is the first step and also one of the most important steps to take. \
The next thing is for you to set your goals. Some people, use an online keto calculator to set their goals. So check for the number of calories you should be consuming a day. Plan the amount of fat and protein you would be taking. When you set a daily goal it would be easier for you to achieve the bigger goal.
Another thing you can do is have someone monitor. Of course, you’re not a baby that needs monitoring. But when it comes to diets it can be really hard to keep doing. There might be times when you just want to break a rule and go overboard. But when you have someone you report to daily you wouldn’t be able to break those limits easily. This just helps keep you in check as you do your diet.
Challenges You Would Face
- Consuming just 20 grams of carbs: This is one of the biggest challenges that many people had to deal with. If you’re the type that has always loved consuming so many carbs this might be a bit hard for you. That’s because you would have to switch back to consuming very little. At first, it seems impossible. But over time you would get used to it. Make sure you do enough planning so that you don’t end up eating more than your daily goal of carbs.
- It’s low in calories: A low-carb diet is also low in calories. Carbs are one of the great sources of calories in the body. Once you reduce the consumption almost to nothing you would expect a big drop in calorie intake. This makes it a bit hard to reach your daily goal for calories. It is not easy to reach your goal of a particular number of calories when carb intake is quite low.
- Repetitive meals: This diet is quite restricting. And there are just some foods you’re allowed to eat. People over time get tired of eating the same set of foods daily. For some, it took a lot of time to adjust to this repetitive style of eating. But after some time they adjusted to it.
- Keto flu: This not something that everyone would experience. But quite a several people have experienced this. When your body switches to the ketosis state it comes with some symptoms. Such as irritability, fatigue, and brain fogginess.
Low-Carb Diet After A Month: What To Expect
- Weight loss: If you follow a low carb diet as you should it’s expected that you would lose weight. Many people that have tried out low-carb diets have lost about 10-30 pounds in a month. So if you’re not losing weight after a month there must be something you’re not doing right.
- Energy: Many people that tried out a low carb diet experienced changes in energy level. They felt alert very early in the morning. And they didn’t experience energy slumps. So it’s expected that after 1 month there should be a good change in your daily energy level.
- No cravings or addiction: When you’re on a low-carb diet you’re not allowed to consume sugar. Most people don’t enjoy the sugar substitutes offered in the diet. So instead of just quit taking sugar. When this happens cravings and addiction to sugar would stop. After one month it’s expected that you are longer craving sugar like you used to before.
Many low-carb diets out there have been proven to be beneficial. And with that people are still opting for them It wouldn’t be a bad idea if you want to opt for a good low carb diet. Just make sure that you are ready and well-prepared. At the same time make sure you plan and don’t just dabble into the diet. If you do this, you can sure expect good low carb diet results after 1 month.