It is not so easy planning your full meals when you’re cutting down on carbs. Low-carb diets require thorough planning. However, snacking is much more difficult to plan than full meals. At least for your full meals, you know you can’t get it wrong if you eat more vegetables and meat. But then, what low-carb snacks can you buy while shopping at a grocery store like Walmart? What can you eat in-between meals during your snack time? Or is it that low-carb diets do not permit snacking? No, low-carb diets permit snacking, and there are lots of low-carb snacks at Walmart.
The thing with snacking on a low-carb diet is that most of the common snacks you’re used to eating do not meet the requirements of a low-carb diet. They are generally high in carb content. Thankfully, there are other healthy options that you can go for. These snacks have low carb content. They have great taste, and they are good for your health. More so, they are readily accessible at Walmart whenever you want to buy them. Low-carb snacks will compliment your low-carb diet to improve your health markers, especially your blood sugar levels. It will also contribute significantly to hormonal balance in your body, as well as improve your neurological health among many other health benefits.
Snacking On a Low-Carb Diet
When you are following a low-carb diet, you will have to cut down your carb intake significantly. That means that you have to eliminate foods or snacks that have added sugar. Grains, fruits, and starchy veggies are also not allowed.
As you cut down your carb consumption, low-carb diets encourage you to eat foods that are high in fats and protein. Ordinarily, this kind of diet should make you feel full. Fat, for instance, takes a longer time to digest. So if you eat lots of fatty foods, you won’t get hungry easily.
What this means is that you may not need to snack if you are on a low-carb diet. That is if you are eating a lot of fats. You naturally will just not feel hungry in between your meals. If you notice that you still feel hungry, you can load up more fats in your meals.
Nevertheless, there will be a few times that you just crave snacks. Once in a while, you may want to munch some snacks in-between meals, not really because you are hungry, but because you just want to. You don’t have to deny yourself the treat if you are on a low-carb diet.
However, as much as you can eat a low-carb diet, you must practice self-awareness. You must know the level of carb intake that will help you stay on low-carb, and make sure not to go beyond it daily even if you snack.
It is very helpful for you to know the low-carb snacks that you can eat on your low-carb diet. When you eat low-carb snacks, you will be able to prevent the side effects of low-carb diets like food cravings or fatigue. More so, your weight loss goals will be more realistic, and your cognitive performance will be enhanced.
Top 15 Low-Carb Snacks at Walmart
- String Cheese – One serving of this amazing snack has 0 grams of carbs. Isn’t that amazing? What’s more, you will get a lot of calcium and protein when you eat string cheese. For the sake of convenience, this snack is individually wrapped.
- Beef Jerky – Beef jerky is another low-carb snack that you can get at Walmart. They sell it in most grocery and convenience stores. It is high in protein and contains only 5 grams of net carbs in each serving. However, make sure you read the label before buying because some varieties can contain lots of sugar.
- Guacamole – Those who are on Keto have a special love for Guacamole because it has only 1 gram of net carbs per serving. More so, you can enjoy this snack in a lot of different ways.
- Peanut Butter – Just one spoonful is an amazing snack when it comes to peanut butter. It would fill your stomach and take care of your hunger and cravings while you wait for your next meal. Just make sure to buy a natural product that has no added salt, sugar, or refined oils. You will only get 4 grams of carbs from each serving.
- Pickles – Pickles may be salty but they have low carb contents. This crunchy snack has only 1 net carb in each serving.
- Avocado Crisps – One full avocado contains 4 grams of net carb. However, you need only half an avocado for your snack time. One half is enough to satisfy you, and it contains only 2 grams of crabs.
- Pork Rinds – You can also find pork rinds at Walmart. This great snack contains absolutely no carb per saving. Utz pork rind is a great option.
- Quest Chips – This is an amazing low-carb snack, although it is usually quite expensive. Each serving will give you only 2 grams of net carbs. However, some flavors may contain a little more than this.
- Sugar-free Jello – Sugar-free Jello is a great low-carb snack. It has zero net carbs and contains just 10 calories in each serving. You know Jellos have an amazing fruit flavor that will satisfy your taste buds.
- Almonds – Almonds will make a great snack for you on your low-carb diet. They have great taste and give you only 3 grams of carbs per serving.
- Seaweed Snacks – Seaweed snacks are also quite salty, but they have low-carb contents. Aside from the fact that it contains only 1 gram of net carbs, it is good because it is rich in B12 vitamins and health-promoting minerals.
- Blackberries – A half-cup contains only 3 grams of net carbs.
- Chicken breast – Contains zero net carb
- Mozzarella Snack – Contains one net carb in each serving
- Pepperoni Snack – Contains zero net carb
Benefits of Low-Carb Snacks
Low-carb snacks will help you achieve fast weight loss. It will improve your cognitive function and significantly reduce your risk of heart diseases and metabolic syndrome. More so, you will be able to better manage diabetes or prevent it altogether if you are already pre-diabetic.
Low-carb snacks at Walmart will help you follow through with your diet plan. They are generally affordable and you can get them without stress.