Do you ever wonder of the many other possible ways you can boost your weight loss efforts on your keto journey?
Surely, you have experienced a lot of developments in the past few days or weeks since you started your keto diet. However, there may be that deep-seated desire to fuel things up for more results.
One way to do that is to incorporate CBD on your diet.
What is CBD and why should you consider incorporating it into your diet?
There are many incorrect views about CBD. Most likely because of its source. It comes in various forms, such as CBD vape oil, CBD capsules, and CBD tinctures.
CBD stands for cannabidiol. This chemical compound is a derivative from Cannabis sativa. Yes, the same plant that is well-known for its addictive properties. The compound is plentiful and is found in high concentrations all throughout the plant. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is often the most discussed component of the plant due to its hallucinatory effect. As a whole, the plant can alter the effects of the brain. CBD came from hemp plants that are being grown for industrial use and have increased CBD concentrations.
Compared to THC or other cannabis compounds, CBD benefits are plenty. It does not cause any changes in the mind and will not cause any system toxification. So, how is this possible?
CBD does not activate the same brain receptors that THC does, namely CB1 and CB2. CBD can only illicit minimal reactions relating to the receptors. You can experience the positive effects of the plant without the addicting and hallucinatory effects.
How Does Cannabidiol and Ketosis Work Together
There are many people that are starting to notice how CBD can enhance their weight loss struggles. However, some have hesitations. Will you not have any hesitations and ruin your diet overall?
THC is the cannabinoid’s appetite stimulant. Meanwhile, the CBD fights off inflammation, is a known antioxidant, antipsychotic, anti-anxiety, and has neuroprotective properties. These features can help induce ketosis.
Let us try to shed some light on the ketogenic diet before going down on the details of how throwing CBD into the mix is a good idea.
What is keto diet?
The ketogenic diet is known to be effective in promoting weight loss by shifting the body’s energy source. For a lot of people (mainly because of diet), the natural fuel comes from carbohydrates. With keto, however, it is a lot different.
In keto diet, your body uses fat, paving the way for the body to undergo ketosis. To get into ketosis, dieters should only consume the smallest amount of carbohydrates possible. Protein and healthy fats should be maximized. That being said, the body will utilize fat for energy, instead of going for carbohydrates since the glycogen sources are now getting depleted.
How does cannabidiol affect ketosis?
Are the CBD benefits really worth it? Most definitely. Here are some ways it can help:
- When starting out on a keto diet, you will notice several side effects caused by the change. Some call these side effects call it the “keto flu”. These consist dizziness, headaches, nausea, and fatigue. Taking CBD with the ketogenic diet will dramatically decrease these effects. It provides a natural pain relieving action and is a great mood booster.
- For people who have been in ketogenic mode for a long time, you will still reap a lot of CBD benefits. Since CBD has anti-inflammatory effects, you will enjoy how it will reduce pain and swelling. Without suffering from muscle aches, you can easily do some exercises, even run up a whole marathon. Apart from that, CBD also helps in establishing homeostasis of the body. Through this, appetite suppression is possible. You become more conscious of what you take in. Additionally, your sleeping habits will dramatically improve.
Two Delicious Cannabis-infused Desserts Recipes for Your Keto Diet
Who has not heard of a pot brownie? This delicious treat is keto-friendly. But, for this to be fully effective you need to let it cool down before serving it up. Also, not using the common sugar makes a lot of difference, especially since erythritol makes soft, chewy, and gooey brownies once it cools down.
Gather the following for your cannabidiol rich brownies:
- A cup of Cashew, Almond, or Macadamia nut
- One fourth teaspoon of Sea Salt
- One fourth teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 100 mg Organic CBD oil
- Five tablespoons of Cannabis infused Coconut Oil
- Three large eggs
- Two tablespoons of Erythritol
- One teaspoon of Vanilla
- Three ounces of 100 percent chopped dark chocolates
Place the nuts, salt, and baking soda together. Add in the chocolate, CBD Oil, cannabis coconut oil until smooth. Add in the eggs, stevia, and erythritol. Transfer the mixture in a baking dish. Bake for 350 degrees for up to 27 minutes. Cool for an hour, then devour!
The Ice Cream
Enjoy delicious treats without breaking your keto. This simple treat will have you feeling like you are not on a restricted diet. The best part is that you can whip up a batch and enjoy it whenever you want.
Gather the following to get cbd benefits on your dessert:
- Four eggs
- One vanilla bean
- One third cup of Erythritol
- One and one third heavy cream
- One and a half teaspoon of melted Cannabis-infused coconut oil.
Separate the eggs. Gather the egg whites and beat until fluffy. Add the sweetener with the egg whites. In another bowl, use a mixer on the cream. Wait for it to thicken. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pod and add the oil and mix in the cream. Fold the egg whites with the cream and the yolks. Continue to fold. Transfer in a pan and keep it frozen for four hours.
These desserts will do wonders for your keto diet. Not only will your palate be fully satisfied, but you will also get rid of the headaches, fatigue, and other body pains relating to your diet shift. Keep your mood boosted and smile through the lack of carbs. Not everyone can do that!