Looking up faster and more efficient ways to get the results you want while on a diet is the duty and responsibility of anyone who is planning to start or is already following a diet such as keto. And out of all the various ways to get results better and faster, adding collagen has got to be one of the most talked about since there’s not much known about it. But what is it? Is it really effective? Does it have side effects?
Here’s what we gathered so far.
What is it?
Usually found in the bones, skin, and tendons, collagen is a non-inflammatory protein that plays a vital role in somebody functions such as digestion, detoxification, and energy production.
Keto collagen, however, is a mixture of natural collagen and MCT. Packed with a ton of healthy fats and proteins, this powerful blend helps you in producing more energy and helps you recover fast after a tiring workout.
What does it do?
One of the reasons why most people turn to collagen while following the keto diet is to help them keep up with the demands of the diet itself. Cutting off a huge amount of carbs from your body is hard all on itself but if you couple it with strenuous exercise, it could be hard to find the energy needed to keep it up. That’s where keto collagen comes in since it not only helps you produce more energy, it also helps you stay full for a long period of time and it makes you look and feel great.
Adding collagen to your diet also comes with multiple health benefits such as:
- Healthy DNA building
- Improved detoxification of the body
- Improved digestion
- Promotes healthy hair and nails
How do you use it?
Planning to start adding collagen to your diet? Great! But where to start?
The best way to approach this dilemma is to ask yourself “What kinds of activities do I do that requires huge amounts of energy and recovery time?” Here are a couple of ways of how and when to use collagen while following the keto diet.
- Blend with your smoothies
- Add to your coffee
- Add to water (8-10 ounces)
- Add to low-carb or non-dairy kinds of milk (coconut milk, almond milk etc)
- In the mornings: Start your day right with a dose of collagen to boost your brain function and alertness.
- On workouts: taking collagen is the best for strenuous activities such as workouts since the production of energy and fast recovery time is important to get the best results. Take collagen before, during and after your workout to keep you feeling great even after all that sweat.
- Midday snack: Collagen is also a great way for you to feel full for longer periods of time to prevent you from overeating or cheating on a diet. Try adding collagen to any of your favorite beverages to keep the cravings at bay.
The recommended amount of collagen per day is 3 scoops but you could definitely build up from there. It is important to note, however, that some brands out there actually contain some harmful ingredients that could throw you off your diet so it’s important that you do your research before trying some out.
Which is the best?
Although there are some brands out there in the market. We highly recommend Perfect Keto Collagen since it is made from all natural ingredients, is affordable and tastes incredible. Add it to your favorite beverages and see the results for yourself.
Collagen is a must try for people following the keto diet since it provides huge amounts of energy in a clean way and helps you recover faster. For best results, try adding it to your favorite beverages and drink your way to wellness.