Cranberry has become pretty popular not just in cleansing, but also in losing weight. On most readings, you will find cranberry being one of the most nutritional fruit.
Over the years, people did not just label cranberry as a magical fruit, they also associated cranberry as a health tonic that is perfect for detoxification.
Cranberry is mostly known to cure several health ailments such as urinary tract infection, cardiovascular diseases, and even cancer. A cranberry contains various nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, dietary fiber, antioxidants, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron.
Due to the several health benefits of a cranberry, it has also been known to be an effective detox drink.
A cranberry juice detox is composed of antibacterial agents that can help eliminate toxins in your body. Detoxification is not just “cleansing” alone. This detox drink can also stimulate weight loss. Even though cranberry is famous for being nutritious and healthy, you must still have some knowledge about this miracle juice.
Does cranberry detox work?
Before considering cranberry juice detox, you must also understand that there could be possible reactions in your overall dietary system. It is suggested that in order to enhance your cranberry juice detox to work, you must accompany it with some fresh veggies to retain the fluid intake. During the detoxification phase, it is more advised to keep your body dehydrated.
There are different ways to successfully drink cranberry juice detox and magnify its effects to work. Anyhow, drinking cranberry juice detox for a longer fasting period may give you vast results in weight loss. All you have to do is just make sure you align your detox drink with your regular meal plan.
After a few days of fasting, you may start introducing other organic foods in your detoxification programs.
What are the benefits of a cranberry juice detox?
- Heart Health – Inflammation can damage blood vessels and that’s one thing cranberries is preventing from happening. A cranberry juice detox has has so many anti-inflammatory content that can help reduce inflammation. Aside from inflammation, cranberries can even keep your teeth and gums from catching dental plaques.
- Strengthens bones – Unlike other juices that adds calcium, cranberry juice detox has calcium in its natural form. As we all know, cranberries are good sources of calcium which are a big help in keeping the bones strong.
- Supports digestive health – Just like how cranberries are beneficial to heart health, they are too with the digestive system. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties provide protection in the digestive system of the body – preventing you from colon cancer, ulcer, and other stomach problems.
- Weight Loss – Shredding extra fats is not a tough job for a cranberry juice detox. Cranberry has a high content of organic acids which are useful in emulsifying fat deposits in the body.
- Anti-aging Benefits – Cranberry is a good support if you wish to fight negative signs of aging. Due to the strong amount of phytonutrients and antioxidants present in cranberry, signs of aging such as memory loss can be prevented.
If you’re beyond excited to have this jampack of healthy benefits, here is a list of some best cranberry juice for detox that you might want to try:
Cranberry Detox Water
½ cup crushed cranberries
8 oz water
Crush the cranberries in order to take out the juices. After having the juices extracted, add the 8 oz of water and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes.
Cranberry Cocktail Detox
¼ cup cranberries
¼ cup blueberries
½ cup pears
8 oz water
There are two ways to prepare this detoxifying cocktail.
- Crush all the fruits and blend them with water in order to produce a shake-like texture.
- Soak all the fruits in the water for a night.
Cranberry Green Tea
¼ cup crushed cranberries
1 cup brewed green tea
Combine the crushed cranberries with the brewed tea and let it sit there for 3-5 minutes. After the given time, strain out the cranberries and then enjoy sipping.
Cranberry is full of nutritional contents that are really beneficial for the health. However, cranberry brings a few exceptions.
Side Effects of cranberry:
Kidney stones – The amount of calcium present in a cranberry may not be that beneficial for some people. Most especially for those who’ve had negative kidney histories, they will be needing to consult a doctor first for precautionary measures. Too much calcium can result to calcium-oxalate stones and uric stones that are harmful for the body.
Aspirin allergy – If you are allergic to aspirin, or if by chance you are taking aspirin, having caution when taking a cranberry juice detox is advised. Cranberry contains salicylic acid which are present in aspirin too.
Yes, cranberries or cranberry juice detox has a lot of good benefits for the body. Hence, normal serving sizes of cranberries won’t hurt.
However you want to use cranberry juice detox for, there is nothing wrong with it. Cranberry has been long known for treating sickness and cleansing the body anyway.
Unless you have medical conditions such as blood-thinning cases or under aspirin medication, then you need to see your doctor first.